
I love books, I use to read a ton, belonged to a bookclub etc.... but since I got really sick I haven't been able to read much, you would think it would be perfect with all this time on my hands etc... but I get so tired when I read so it's been a challenge, some times are better than others, sometimes I can read for 30mins or so others I can barely read for 10! So I am going to try and listen to some books, I have an iPod and I know you can download Audiobooks or off iTunes but we don't have any money, good thing is the library has a ton you can download for free, bad news is it doesn't support iPods!!!!! but I was able to download a book on CD and then from iTunes put it on my iPod so I am going to try and get some books on CD and do that.

So the help I need is.....I need some good books to read!!!! and I mean really really good it has to be able to keep my attention so I will want to listen to it and not watch TV!!!!! What are your favorite books? (and hopefully they will be on CD at the library!)

3 comments:
I listened to "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel a couple years ago for a book group. It's a book I'd never pick up at the library, and if I'd started reading it, I probably would have abandoned it after 20 pages. However, the narrator for the audiobook is fabulous and the story is interesting, unusual, and unforgettable. The ending is sure to spawn lengthy discussion!
I love books by Maeve Binchy, she's an Irish author, writes fiction...I can never put them down. there's a fabulous fantasy series called the Belgariad by David Eddings (Z got me into that sort of stuff), very interesting, great characters, and funny...I also love Leon Uris books, he writes historical fiction...I finally just read The Kite Runner, that was good. Mary Higgins Clark is fun. Right now I'm reading another Z suggestion, but I'm not crazy about it, so I won't recommend it :P btw, that's a great idea, listening to audiobooks! let us know if you discover any fabulous books we should all read! :) Oh! The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara King...something. Great book!!
I once listened to the audio of Les Miserable by Victor Hugo and I really liked it. I have seen the movie and have yet to see the broadway version of it, but its a great story!! Also listened to all the Harry Potter books on audio. I love those books I can never get enough of them Plus the narrater Jim Dale does such a good job!!
Post a Comment