That's right, I couldn't catch my breath on friday, called J at school and had him come home and within 15mins. we were on our way to the ER!!!!!!! Once again I had air in my lungs making it really hard to breathe! Oh it is not fun! So transferred me to MICU and put in a chest tube (at that point you replace not being able to breath because of pressure to not being able to breathe because of pain!!) it's funny because you can totallay feel the 'air' escaping! the pressure just releases and I can breath again! Then the numbing medicine wears off and it feels like I have a sword in my side! a day or so later it just feels like a butter knife now.
I thought I might get out on Sunday, then maybe Monday, I'm now maybe hoping thursday! They are going to put 'glue' in there to 'glue' the lining of my lungs to the lining of the chest wall, well I had some air in so they waited another day and then today right before they got an x-ray and guess what? I have more air in my lungs! Also the chest tube has come out a little and for sanitary reasons etc. they can't just push it back in so I get a new one! Yipee for me! Then after waiting all day right before they do it he asks me if I have had anything to eat! Now I have to wait until tomorrow morning! Then they have to wait and make sure all the air is out of my lungs and then they can do the 'gluing', so I think I will still be here a couple days.
But I was able to get a computer again and it's so nice! I wish I had gotten one over the weekend because it made for a long weekend. Oh well I have one now. So I don't plan on getting out until at least thursday if not later.
My little sweethearts came to visit me today, they are so wonderful, although I think I need my sheets changed before I go to bed! It was worth it, I miss them.
Also J had his first day of 'clinicals' hangin' out with the RT's he had a good time it was the night shift so not much going on but still able to experience some stuff.
More to come, now I can catch up on some blogs!!!!! wish I could do pictures!
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Ouch!!!!!!! I am sooo sorry. I am glad that you have a computer. I can't believe that they didn't make sure you were eating since you are needing to gain weight. Who are your sweethearts?
You're in my prayers! I'll keep my fingers crossed for Thursday. Thanks for all the topic posts, it's so good to be reminded of actually doing instead of talking or thinking or whatever. Texas is such a cute little rascal, Chugs needs to step up the mentorship, chewing up all those items.
Ugh, that sounds so painful!! Gluing your lungs?! The chest tube sounds really uncomfortable, sounds like you're a balloon being deflated. I didn't know they let pets in, that's awesome that TX and Chugs got to visit you! That's also cool that J is starting his clinicals, I wish I could do blood and stuff better, I think it would be great to know how to help sick/injured people. Oh! I saw Cara on Sunday, and little Madden, he is soooo adorable!! Seriously cute niece/nephews you have.
Oh, I meant to say, I hope you FEEL BETTER!!!
GET WELL.
I've been wondering where you've been.
Love ya Jer n Ro
Post a Comment