Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Help Needed...


First I have to tell you about this delicious dinner that my friend brought by.....chicken enchiladas and brown sugar muffins, aren't those tins adorable? she got them at the dollar store! Everything tasted so good, I ate the brown sugar muffins right away and then I thought I would only eat half an enchilada since they were big and I don't eat as much as I use to but guess what? I went back for seconds and ate the other half!!!!! So thank you so much for my friend that brought dinner by it was very much appreciated and needed.

Which brings me to the title of the post, there have been a lot of friends asking how they can help us, what they can do, if you really mean it and would like to help us out we really need some dinners brought in, I don't want to make my ward sound bad but it has been a big headache to try and get three dinners here a week (we get only two out of the three if we are having a good week). I don't understand what it is, I know we are new and so they don't really know me or the situation we are in, I also don't know what to do to help them understand what I am going through and the situation we are in, I am not just being lazy! I honestly can't go to the bathroom without getting out of breath! I only take a shower twice a week because it is so hard to do, I cannot stand for very long and therefore cannot make dinner. Yes, my husband is home more than he was last semester, but he wasn't blessed with talent in the kitchen so it still partially falls on me to think of something and make a list (he always does the shopping I can't) and tell him how to cook it or have to do it myself! But besides his slight lack of talent in the kitchen he is just plain busy with other things! he is doing the role of both husband and wife, he does everything around the house and takes care of me, I have medications, therapy, let alone the times it's really hard to breath and can't do anything! Plus he is still in school! Yes we could probably eat Top Raman everynight but since I am already underweight that would probably not help! besides that's what we eat for lunch!

Okay if that wasn't long enough for you, I'm just asking any friends that live near us (those in other countries like Uraguay and Poland are off the hook) if you would be able to bring a small meal once in awhile it would really help us out. This has been really hard for me to do, it has actually taken a whole year for me to finally say this and ask! We appreciate all your friendships and the support we've been given. Please email me if you can, jernro{at}gmail{dot}com

3 comments:

Hannah Jones said...

We'll help take care of you!
I'm glad you asked!

fiona said...

So, you DON'T want me to mail you a roast? j/k That dinner sounded yummy, you have some great friends.

Carolyn said...

I bet I could help a little next month once I am out of school. Maybe even once a week. I would be so grateful to do it at least once.