I have mixed my word of the month with my goals because I figure if I learn more about them and concentrate on them more than I will also be able to work on my goal or habit of them too. So PRAYER is something I need to work on and each week I will do a post about it.
Thomas S. Monson's talk: Three Goals to guide you given 2007
“Pray always, and I will pour out my Spirit upon you, and great shall be your blessing.” Doctrine and Covenants 19:38
Perhaps there has never been a time when we had greater need to pray and to teach our family members to pray. Prayer is a defense against temptation. It is through earnest and heartfelt prayer that we can receive the needed blessings and the support required to make our way in this sometimes difficult and challenging journey we call mortality.
From the Bible Dictionary:
"As soon as we learn the true relationship in which we stand toward God (namely, God is our Father, and we are his children), then at once prayer becomes natural and instinctive on our part (Matt. 7:7-11). Many of the so-called difficulties about prayer arise from forgetting this relationship."

1 comment:
I think the quote from the Bible Dictionary is so right-on. Knowing that Heavenly Father is just that, our Father! makes prayer not only more natural but so much more meaningful as well. I've found myself having kind of...hmmm..."conversation" prayers? sometimes. Okay, not as casual as that implies, but just talking to Him throughout the day, about any concerns I may have. And that is wonderful to be able to do.
I wish everyone knew about the relationship we have with Him, and that we can talk to Him anytime, and He is there to listen and respond. Guess that's where sharing the gospel comes in! Great topic!
Post a Comment